Chicken teriyaki

30 maart 2016

I'm always trying to add colour to my food. It may sound weird, but it makes me happy just looking at colourful plates. This is an Asian recipe, ready in less than 20 minutes!

INGREDIENTS (4 persons)
- 300gr multigrain rice* (optional)
- 200gr broccoli
- 250gr carrot
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch radishes
- 300gr chicken fillet
- 160gr Japanese teriyaki sauce
- olive oil

* I eat carbohydrates and proteins separately. This means I'm not eating rice with this dish. As you can see in the picture below, my boyfriend does. I chose multigrain rice for him.




PREPARATION
Cook the rice according to the directions on the package (optional).

Cut the broccoli into small florets and the carrots into small pieces. Cut the onion into thin half rings and slice the radishes. Make sure to wash all the vegetables before you use them.

Heat some olive oil in a pan and stir-fry the carrots and broccoli for 3 minutes. Add the onion and the radishes and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add some salt and pepper to taste.

Cut the chicken fillet into thin slices. Heat again some olive oil in a pan and stir-fry the chicken for 3 minutes. Add the teriyaki sauce and heat it while stirring for 2 minutes.

Divide the vegetables and chicken on 4 plates. Enjoy!

JVh