Coconut berry pancakes

26 juni 2016

I had a very late breakfast this morning. I worked for almost 12 hours, until 5.30 in the morning. I know sunday = pancake day but this morning (if you can call 12 o'clock morning) my bowl of greek yogurt with homemade granola, strawberries and blueberries had to do. 

I still had the recipe for these babies I made a few days ago. This way it's still a little sunday pancake day after all. These coconut berry pancakes were truly amazing and I love the fact that they're purple! I have a weird thing with colourful food ;) I made these pancakes for me and my brother so the quantities of the recipe are for 2 normal portions or one really big portion.




INGREDIENTS (2 persons)
- 60gr mixed berries (I used frozen ones. Let them defrost overnight in your fridge)
- 1 egg
- 2 eggwhites 
- 70ml coconut milk
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop coconut whey powder (you can also use vanilla)
- 25gr coconut powder


PREPARATION
Mix all the ingredients, except the coconut powder, in a blender. 

Stir the coconut powder into the batter.

Heat some coconut oil in a pan. Cook the pancakes on medium-low heat brown on both sides.

Add whatever you like as topping. I used little pieces of fresh coconut.

Enjoy!