Avocado brownies

25 juli 2016

It may sound weird but I'm glad it's monday. The past week has been really exhausting. I worked for 4 days, serving people at weddings and other parties. On Wednesday, we finished at 5.30 in the morning and I had to start again at 9am on Thursday. The food I ate wasn't healthy at all. You get leftovers from the kitchen (read: almost no vegetables and a lot of meat and fries, potatoes etc.). I'm also one of those people who needs 8 hours of sleep a night so I got a bad cold by fatigue. You probably wonder why I even do this job. It pays really well because I'm a student and I kinda need the money right now.

So yayyy it's monday because I'm not working this week. It's time for a week full of good healthy food, a lot of sleep, meeting up with my friends, shopping with my mom, going to the gym, having some me-time and ofcourse blogging. 

I'm starting with a recipe for these delicious avocado brownies I made last week! Replace butter for avocado and you can create a healthy dessert. I was really satifsied with the texture of these brownies: light and airy. The recipe is also really easy!




INGREDIENTS (15-20 brownies)
- 2 ripe avocado's 
- 100gr honey
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 150gr dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 15 drops vanilla flavouring (I used natural flavouring from bodyenfitshop.nl

PREPARATION
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a pan.
3. Mash the avocado's really well and mix with the honey and vanilla flavouring. Add the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture and mix again.
4. Whisk in the eggs.
5. At last, add in the buckwheat flour and baking powder and stirr until well-combined. 
6. Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and add the batter. Make sure it is well divided.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. 
8. Let it cool for minimum 20 minutes before cutting it into brownies of a size you like. Keep in an airtight container.