Sweet potato coconut protein muffins

01 augustus 2016


I made some avocado brownies last week and since then, I have this weird need to bake stuff. When it comes to baking, I'm still a real dummy. I constantly see other bloggers making these crazy cakes, breads etc. and I'm sitting here, proud as a peacock about my avocado brownies.. So I think it's time for me to start experimenting a little. And guess what? My first experiment succeeded! These sweet potato coconut protein muffins are absolutely delicious. And healthy too.


INGREDIENTS (+- 8 muffins)
- 300gr sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 30gr liquid egg whites (I used liquid egg whites from bodyenfitshop.nl)
- 1 scoop coconut protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 65gr spelt flour
- 35gr melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut




PREPARATION
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Peal the sweet potato and cut it into pieces. Cook for +- 8 minutes until done.
3. Mix the cooked sweet potato and the coconut oil with an immersion blender.
4. Whisk in the egg and liquid egg white.
5. Add in the coconut protein powder, spelt flour and baking powder and mix well.
6. Spoon the shredded coconut into the batter.
7. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil and spoon the batter into it. Fill to about 3/4.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let it cool for 10 minutes, enjoy!